Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Belgium

I must admit i've been feeling very emo the past few days. Don't get me wrong, Paris was amazing and I'm glad to be traveling. But i'm bound to get pissy eventually.
I've been exhausted since I left Manhattan, and that train ride/first day of Paris where I walked for 10+ hours exhausted me. Then I got sick. I was still able to push myself and go sightseeing, but it meant I would be worn out by evening and wouldn't go anywhere. Fortunately, my hostel was social and I had friends to hang out with, but it meant I couldn't go out at night and epicly act my age. I realize I was in Paris to see Paris, hence daytime energy was my priority, but I would have loved at least a couple nights out.
Now I'm in Belgium, at a tiny hostel where it is hard to make friends, and I'm reminded of how alone I feel. I did plan my stay to meet up with a childhood friend, and we had an absolutely lovely day, but now I'm on my own again. I have been feeling better (I knew I was better when I had energy to hate the world) but now I have to decide if I make that extra effort to meet people, (everyone travels in pairs) or if I stay in my own thoughts.

Sorry for the emo rant. Knowing me, the loneliness was bound to come eventually.

2 comments:

  1. *sending hugs from the other side of the world*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy you're going to be ok!!!!

    I love you!!!! We all miss you and will be here when you come back

    ReplyDelete