So after a ridiculous amount of time spent on planes and in airports, I arrived in Copenhagen, the place I've been talking about and thinking about for the past 6 + months. My amazing roommates met me at the airport, showed me how to get to the apartment, and helped me lug my bags up a fourth floor walk up (haha, just like Joanna's apt in Manhattan).
The apt is adorable. The first level is a large living room and a kitchen. Narrow stairs bring you to a second floor, where I find among other things my bedroom that looks like a nook and has a skylight that opens in the roof. Our second floor even has a little balcony that you can look out to other tall charming buildings.
I know I've barely left the flat since I've arrived, but even my walk for an overpriced hummus sandwhich owned by Muslims instead of Israelis which was even weirder because I realized I was wearing my star when I ordered and I was very annoyed I couldn't order in Hebrew and at least redeem myself for not knowing Danish has told me that this city is like nowhere I've ever been. Most of the buildings are brick and actually pretty. People bike. Neighbors look like they actually know each other. And even more so, I feel like this is where I was meant to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds beautiful! Glad youre room and roomies are awesome :-) Hope you find some Jews for Shabbos!
ReplyDelete