Thursday, August 20, 2009

Updates

Random occurrences undeserving of their own posts.

-I had to ask someone in the supermarket to help me pick out laundry detergent.

-visited the grave of Hans Christian Andersen in a cemetery near my apt. It's very beautiful, and people go there for picnics, which is weird.

-had a conference call with Natalya on skype in the Netherlands and Zac on speakerphone in Los Angeles. It was epic.

-went to an outdoor concert in support of Iraqis who were seeking refuge in a church to avoid being deported but who were still kicked out by the police. Amnesty Int'l had a booth, and if you remember, I was involved with them in high school. I asked if I could volunteer with them, and they said no because I don't speak Danish. Greenpeace has also neglected to return my emails. If I'm not volunteering, what am I supposed to do with myself?

Today was also my last day of Danish class. Hurrah! Unfortunately, this means a written test tomorrow morning, and then an oral test on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment