Tuesday, November 24, 2009

getting ready...

The Cop15 Climate Conference approaches... the city is getting ready, my environmental websites are getting ready. In Kongens Nytorv in the city center, there is a photo exhibit of '100 places to remember'. At the metro stops, there are painted globes (some of you may remember NYC and Chicago having painted cows all over the city? Angels all over Los Angeles? Fish all over New Orleans? Well, Copenhagen has globes). At the airport picking up Rachel, there are advertisements trying to show off how 'green' Copenhagen is. This city is about to explode.

Besides the Cop15 conference, another one will also be taking place, the KlimaForum, which I suppose is an international version of PowerShift and other conferences I've attended, which I'm very excited to volunteer at (the official one only wants Danish volunteers.....very jealous of my Danish friends).

And of course, Grist.org is amazing as usual with Top 25 Reasons to Give a Damn about Climate Change.

The world is about to change, and I'm at the front lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment