Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rachel is coming to visit!..... tomorrow

My friend Rachel is studying in Israel for the year and decided to spend her week off visiting me in Copenhagen! Alas, I was convinced she was coming on Thursday, as that's the day her itinerary said she was leaving, so I went to the airport, waited for an hour, freaked out because I didn't have her number, she didn't have mine, and what if she was lost in Copenhagen? I called my mother at 430 am CA time, who had to check my facebook in case she had tried to contact me that way, and then I called her parents at 5 am asking where she was, only for her dad to go online and tell me she was coming on Friday. Hello Life.

Meanwhile, it's been nice seeing Copenhagen and international student life through her eyes, because to be honest, at this point I'm jaded and/or over it. I swear I'm happy, and I think the city is beautiful and I like the people I hang out with, but going to a party where people are from 8 different countries is no longer a new thing for me.

On another note, the new block for the Faculty of Life started. Thanks to annoying bureaucracy and me taking too many credits in college, I don't need this next course, but I am a dork and go crazy when I'm bored. Hence, I'm taking a class on Biological Pest Control for fun. Why? Because I get to 1) learn more 2) have something to do with my time and 3) meet more interesting people (Faculty of Life students are way cooler and more interesting)

Here's to a week of adventuring!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're taking a class on biological pest control just for the fun of it. ADORKABLE!

    ReplyDelete