Thursday, August 27, 2009

Maastricht

Natalya had orientation this week, so I had two days to entertain myself in this town in the south of the Netherlands. This town is a beautiful Medieval town, reminding me of Brugge. I also went to nearby Valkenbourg where there was a ruined castle.

Here are some highlights:

-dancing barefoot in her hallway to "Gay Boyfriend". With Natalya.
-making alphabets ;-) With Natalya
-"actively participating" in a coffeeshop on a boat. With Natalya.
-going to Holland. And actually meeting people from Holland.
-ordering strange things on the menu and winding up with sausage smothered in mayonaise. (something I would NEVER eat in California)
-managing to make more friends in Natalya's program in 2 days than my own in 2 weeks.

This morning, we head to Amsterdam!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like a lot of fun! Did someone get a picture of you eating mayo-smothered sausage?! What an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete